Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Old Photographs

I found my old Brownie Hawkeye camera (remember those?) with a roll of film still in it, and had it developed just to see what memories it contained. Lo and behold! There was a photo of the Missus and me on one of our camping trips. Looks like we were having a grand time, doesn’t it?




Then I found a photo of some of the friendly guys who work in a neighboring mine. I had just given a talk to them on developing an “enlightened mind” and as you can see, one of the fellows taped a candle to his cap as a result. Nice to know he was paying attention to my teaching…





Lastly, I finally got around to finishing our bathroom remodel. Yep, it’s a real beauty. It’s a bit of a job to run all the way up out of The Abandoned Mind to get to it (guess that means you’re pooped before you get there…heheh) but it’s a great place to read what’s left of the old Sears, Roebuck, and Co. catalog (it keeps losing a page or two with every visit).





I don’t know why that last photo came out in color when all the rest of the film was B&W, but I never did understand all this modern technology too well.

Anyway, I hope you all had a chuckle at seeing some of my old photographs. I never realized I lived such an interesting life!

The next day…

Hey, I thought everyone would understand that these photos were just for fun and that the lady in the top photograph was not really the Missus. Apparently her two brothers, Zeke and Rafe, didn’t see it that way and wanted to know what I’d done with their “purty little sister”. The two of them came a knockin’ at the door of The Abandoned Mind last night and shortly after I regained consciousness, I found a crudely hand-written note pinned to my chest--too bad I wasn’t wearing a shirt. Ouch!--that informed me I should “take back wut you said” or else they’d come back and “git downright un-neighborly”.

No problem, guys. Your little sister “shore is purty”. In fact the whole family is gosh dang, drop-dead purty. Especially Zeke and Rafe…

3 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Nice outhouse Ere, now I know where all of your good ideas come from....:)

If no one lights a candle and hides it under a bushel, who lights a candle at the bottom of mine?

 
At 1/17/2007 10:06 PM , Blogger E Rica said...

Hahaha...

 
At 1/18/2007 2:25 PM , Blogger Maria Christina Juroe said...

haha you're funny, Fr. Michael! Love the pictures, see you on Sunday!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home